BasicMed Flight Physicals in West Orange, NJ
Operating an aircraft requires skill and precision. At AFC Urgent Care West Orange, we provide BasicMed Flight Physicals for individuals who operate small and large aircrafts.
Performed every two years, these exams are performed to ensure pilots and aircraftmen can operate an aircraft safely with no interference or hinderance from a medical condition.
The AOPA recommends taking the following steps to qualify for and complete the examination:
- Complete the FAA self-assessment form prior to your examination
- Schedule and attend a physical examination with a state-licensed physician who will complete the FAA form
- Successfully complete the AOPA Online Medical Education Course
- Print the certificate of completion following the course and keep it in your logbook, along with the completed Medical Examination Checklist
- Ensure that you meet the flight review requirements of FAR 61.56 and any other applicable flight or instrument proficiency requirements, as necessary for you to act as pilot in command
At AFC Urgent Care West Orange, our on-site state license, board-certified physician can perform your BasicMed Flight Physical. Our urgent care center is fully equipped with an on-site digital x-ray and lab to conduct the full exam in house.
Our comprehensive BasicMed Flight Physicals include:
- Complete review of FAA form completed by the airman
- A medical examination
- A review of any physical and mental conditions
- Review of all prescription and non-prescription medications
Following the physical, our state-licensed physician will complete a medical examination checklist, ensuring that the airman or pilot meets all requirements.
For more details about our BasicMed Flight Physicals, please call us at 973-669-5900.