Sunburn Treatment in West Orange, NJ
Sunburns are common, acute inflammatory responses to the skin being exposed to ultraviolet radiation (UVR).
Some risk factors of getting sunburned include:
- Duration of exposure
- Height of the sun – greatest exposure is midday, around noon
- Lack of protective sunscreen or clothing
- Lighter skin pigmentation
- Taking medications that can heighten the risk of sunburn
While most sunburns are normal and heal easily with home treatment, a severe sunburn might need the evaluation of a physician. Some signs you should bring to the attention of a physician if you have a sunburn include blistering, excessive peeling, chills, fever, or dizziness.
At AFC Urgent Care West Orange, we provide treatment for sunburns on a walk-in basis. Some of the services we provide include:
- Full examination for skin color change, blisters, and capillary refill
- Assessment degree of pain
- Evaluation for symptoms of dehydration and heat exhaustion
Open seven days a week, our urgent care center treats sunburns – no appointment necessary. We accept a range of health insurances as well as provide low-cost sunburn treatment for self-pay patients. We will provide referrals for further treatment, if necessary.
For more information about sunburn treatment or other services we provide, please to speak with one of our medical professionals at 973-669-5900.