If you are unable to leave your home, Telemedicine is an ideal alternative for getting the medical advice and treatment you may need! You can consult with a medical provider about many of your symptoms and get the treatment you need over a secure video call. Telemedicine is ideal for patients who cannot or are uncomfortable leaving their homes at this time, and visits are booked seven days a week during our center’s convenient walk-in hours.
What can be checked during a Telemedicine visit?
Many conditions you can have checked during a traditional urgent care visit can also be seen during a telemedicine appointment. Some of these include:
- Allergy Symptoms
- Bug Bites
- Poison Ivy and other rashes
- Sore Throat
- Ear infection, earache, or swimmers ear
- Eye infection, pinkeye, sties
- Female urinary tract infections
- Newly onset cough
- Sinus Infection or Sinusitis
- **Medication renewal (no controlled or addictive substances, no long term chronic illness prescriptions-1 month prescription only, No ADD, ADHD, or mental health prescription.) ***
The following cannot be assessed over a Telemedicine visit and will require an in-person visit at our walk-in urgent care center for treatment.
- No narcotic or controlled substance renewal or prescription.
- No prescriptions over one month
- No Chest Pain
- No Physical Exams
- No emergency symptoms including: Dial 911 (chest pain, shortness of breath, allergic reaction, choking, altered of consciousness, head or neck injury
- No STD’s or STI’s (Must come into Center)
- No Pregnancy, birth control renewal or birth control advice
- No Workers Compensation or Occupational Health visits (Must come into Center)
- No Referrals to specialists (Must come into Center)
- No Suturing, suturing removal or wound care (Must come into Center)
Making a Telemedicine appointment
Making an appointment for a Telemedicine visit takes only a few moments. After filling out this form and submitting it, a staff member from AFC Urgent Care West Orange will contact you to complete registration and take your insurance and payment information. You will then be texted a verification code and prompted to open the app, enter the code and consent to use of telemedicine.Your appointment will be booked at your chosen time, whether it is later in the day or almost immediately.
What happens once I have made an appointment?
At the start of your appointment, a nurse will take some information down about your medical history and go over the structure of your visit. Then your medical provider will join the call, and you will be able to go over your symptoms and treatment options.
Virtual Visits & Telemedicine in West Orange, NJ
Schedule a Telemedicine visit with our medical professionals today! Don’t wait to get your symptoms or injury checked out. Telemedicine visits at AFC Urgent Care West Orange are accepted seven days a week. For questions about what can or cannot be assessed over Telemedicine, please call 973-669-5900.